Sunday, November 15, 2009

The New Seven Wonders!/Explorations-

On Thursday when we walked into the school, Mike was very focused in building a tower. He made a tall, magnificent tower which was literally touching the ceiling from the table. The children were all very delighted  to see how concentrated Mike was. So somebody looked at me and said, "Look at this Wonder." I smiled and said, "Indeed SK's magnificent tower!" I was very excited; what a beautiful way to start The Exploration Class. I was really impressed and couldn't wait to hear what my group had to say! The explorers are: Alec, Max,Veda, Sophie,Grace, Emi. I asked my group why they chose The New Seven Wonders? They had some very interesting things to say:-Alec was fascinated by architecture and wanted to explore Chichen Itza! Max said that, "he and his grandfather are always discussing about the wonders, and he wanted to explore The Taj Mahal".
We talked about the following:- in which continents and countries the wonders are? Why/ how  people chose these wonders amongst so many magnificent structures? Why are there eight wonders, when it says Seven only?And a lot more! I am so excited that Max and Alec are going to be good mentors for our younger ones. In fact they were helping them build The Taj Mahal with blocks.
I will update more about our wonders soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment