Thursday, January 28, 2010

The way to start a day is appreciating nature and its beauties.

For my birthday I received  a vase with gorgeous roses from all of my friends at Summers-Knolls. I wanted everyone to enjoy these beautiful flowers! Someone must have picked from faraway places shipping them to the flowershops with care.
This morning my students were shown how to arrange flowers. One even said, "I'm going to make a beautiful creation," and they did, each one of them. Then they carried their flowers carefully and placed them in different areas all around the school. They all seemed really thrilled to make their special arrangements. What a joy to see this activity!
I've included a picture of a book I just added to our Peace Library. It's a wonderful read with lovely pictures that are all about appreciating nature. There is a glorious image of a sun and I have to share that when Amelia saw the illustration, she asked which direction was east. When I pointed towards the east to signal where it was, she put her palms together and bowed a silent, "Namaste."
I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite books, Anita. Thank you for sharing it with our children. And, here is to your next trip around the sun. May its light always warm your lovely face.

    ReplyDelete